Best answer

Lookup Google Sheet (Not Row- Entire Sheet) (Docparser)

Hey Guys, 

I need help with a Docparser workflow: 

What am I trying to do: 
I have 2 different document types that I need to verify the data matches. To do this I am using DOCPARSER

I submit a jotform containing the 2 different PDFs that then goes through ZAPIER to send both DOCS to DOCPARSER 

Now to retrieve the data from DOCPARSER you need to use a new ZAP so what I have done is:
ZAP 1: Retrieve the first DOC and then CREATE a new google sheet from template and input the Parsed data into required row EASYPEASY.

ZAP 2 Retrieve the SECOND DOC and update the next required row  

THE PROBLEM:

With ZAP 2: After I pull in the Parsed Data I need to Lookup the new Google Sheet Created in ZAP 1 But I cant work out how to do this? 

Obviously because it will be a new sheet every time I cant just select the required sheet the usual way? 

Does anyone have any words of wisdom to help?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 20 July 2022, 12:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @FraserH!

Have you tried looking at the Google Drive integration searches? That has a Find File search action, which you can use to find files in your Google Drive and will return your Google Sheet, including the location of the file, any sharing links and also a link that will allow you to download the file as a csv (which you can use if you want to attach the sheet to an email, for example). 

I hope that answers your question, if that doesn’t work for you, let us know why and we’ll see if we can find another way :) 

YOUR A WIZARD!

Thanks So much that was exactly what I needed!