Best answer

Looking to download Zoom meeting attendance data

• 20 February 2021
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to create a Zap or Zaps that will bring in attendane records from Zoom (First, Last, email address), meetings attended (e.g. meeting id, meeting date, meeting name), and total time spent in each meeting (aggregated not multiple times) per user per meeting into a Google Sheet?

icon

Best answer by JoelJ 20 August 2021, 20:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Monica D.T. Rysavy 

These are the available triggers for Zoom via their Zap app:https://zapier.com/apps/zoom/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Monica D.T. Rysavy! It looks like you were in touch with our support team regarding this issue so I am going to post their response here for anyone else following along: 

The Zapier–Zoom integration isn't able to see a list of attendees after a meeting or webinar ends. I've added your vote to our request for this feature, so we'll keep you posted if this becomes possible in the future.

Right now, it's possible to see when someone *registers* for a webinar, and then add their registration info to Google Sheets, to create a new row for each new registrant: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations/zoom/67545/generate-google-sheets-rows-for-new-zoom-registrants

^ but this kind of workflow wouldn't be able to confirm which webinar registrants did or didn't attend.

I’m super keen for this feature too. We run regular events on zoom, and want to track attendance across time. The only way to do this is to manually login and download each event’s report. But for hundreds of events, that isn't feasible. Is there no way to automatically pull attendance data of normal events using Zapier or some other API?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @flown!

I’ve added your vote to the list as well. In the meantime, you could check out the Zoom API docs here (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/pastmeetingparticipants) to learn more about getting past meeting participants. You can explore using JSON Web Tokens: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/using-zoom-apis

Like other Webinar Software, the feature of Webinar Attendee and Webinar Missed Triger is necessary to connect zoom with Email software through Zapier. I request Zoom authority to think about it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @Sanjoy Kundu, I hope you’re doing well!

Thanks for the feedback here, were you wanting to be added to the notification list for the feature request as well?

I’d be happy to add your vote, but wanted to make sure you wanted to be included in that list.

I’d love to collaborate with anyone who’s up for trying to figure out how to make this work with a generic Zap and Zoom’s API (thanks for the handy links, @nicksimard). @-me if you want to hop on a call and see what we can figure out together, especially if you have more API experience than I do, which would mean basically any API experience at all 😆

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the list for this feature request as well. This is very important for us too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @seth.wylie and @JoelJ!

@JoelJ, I’ve added your vote to the list to register your interest in this. We’ll be in touch by email when it becomes possible! 

@seth.wylie, can you confirm whether you’re also wanting to be added to the list? I’d be happy to get you added as well! :)

Yes please, @SamB ! Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 1

Hi @seth.wylie - As an interim fix, I was able to setup a Zoom Webinar Attendee Webhook App to connect to a Zapier Webhook. Haven’t tested in a real life scenario, but seems to work during my tests. Happy to connect if you are interested, but this would require admin access on the Zoom account.

Hi @seth.wylie - As an interim fix, I was able to setup a Zoom Webinar Attendee Webhook App to connect to a Zapier Webhook. Haven’t tested in a real life scenario, but seems to work during my tests. Happy to connect if you are interested, but this would require admin access on the Zoom account.

Hi @JoelJ , would you be open to share the process that you followed? would love to collaborate on this with you! 

Adding a vote for this feature, was thinking of doing what it looks like @JoelJ did.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @seth.wylie and @dwaldie! :)

Happy to confirm that I’ve added your votes to the feature request. We’ll email you directly as soon as it’s possible!

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

Here are the steps I followed to get this going in the interim. Assuming intermediate experience with Zapier here.

Steps

Setup a Webhook trigger in Zapier and get the Webhook URL

With admin permissions, create a webhook only app in Zoom Webinar instance (https://marketplace.zoom.us/develop/create)

Enter the required information need and navigate to the “Feature” section and setup the “Event Subscription” with the required information

Next, enter the Zapier webhook URL from step 1 into the “Event notification endpoint URL” field in Zoom. 

Also, add the event types for which the webhook should fire, which in this case would be “joined Webinar”

Activate the app as account level app and “intent to publish” as no, unless you want the app to be listed on the Zoom Marketplace.

Next, setup a test webinar and have someone join as an attendee. Post this, go back into Zapier and the “Catch Hook” should be able to pull up the test attendee under the “test trigger” step. 

Regards,

Joel

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for sharing this workaround, @JoelJ