Skip to main content
Question

Looking in multiple fields for Square customer info

• 29 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I see the open issue where thecustomer data on an order or payment is inconsistent. I see name, surname, email on different paths for different orders.

What I’d like to do is check multiple field for the customer information before I mark it as anonymous? 

Do i just need to daisy chain  formatter fields with a default value?

thanks,

shaun

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HAHS,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I’m sorry, but I'm not entirely clear on what you're trying to accomplish. Could you please provide more details? This will enable me to offer the most accurate suggestion.

Thank you and I appreciate your understanding.

hi Ken,

When I look at different square orders. Sometimes the name is in this field “tenders: 0: payment: customer: family_name” other times it’s in “tenders: 0: customer: family_name” 

Often times both values are blank. When there’s no customer info, I need to adjust as I’m creating Salesforce records requiring a contact. 

So I’m using a formatter step where I check one of those values then revert to a default value of “unknown”

Is there a way I can check multiple fields in the square transaction before setting a default value? Do I just have to use multiple formatter steps sequentially?

thanks,

shaun

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HAHS,

Thank you for the clarification.

You can attempt using a single formatter and map two data to the "Input" field of the Formatter step. If that approach doesn't work, you can add separate formatter steps for each data. You don't need to be concerned about incurring additional task usage, as Formatter steps no longer consume tasks: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/22923011763853-We-re-making-some-big-improvements-to-Zapier-plans

Hopefully, this helps!