Question

Looking for an integration to create rules for our community facilitation

• 8 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi there, I am looking for some information about how i can set up an integration in our community so that for example. after 30 days of a member joining our community, we can set some rules for the API, and based on those rules we can determine our next steps, which might be to send a follow up message to them to remind them of our community, or to ask them how it’s going and if they have any questions etc. 
We may also set up similar triggers for new members, 3 month old members, 6 month old members and so on. 

I heard in a presentation that the image below came from some kind of SLACK/ZAPIER integration, but i would like to know if anyone knows of all the other possibilities for creating such a system too. Including Zapier of course. But not limited to … 

5b6l44K0cI0OUgXjV1x9obybsbloJ9Z92_dzpM6_L3riKXKpsc7d-SZQQ1BjtkxEwSbDnVXa3N-2I3MVYinCaVrirytpdXcThJCo-39Hw65fKWunstqy5tfKppLEGIjONPzoq4bKjmp3

Thanks so much for your time. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Stevejallen and welcome to our community! Nice to see another community manager around. :)

What you’re describing with the new user and delayed messaging should be feasible using the Slack new user trigger and Delay by Zapier. For example, you could setup a workflow that welcomes a new user upon joining. From there, I’d explore Paths by Zapier. Depending on certain criteria, you can setup additional automations. It’s all just a matter of creating the logic like you showed in the screenshot above and making it happen in Zapier. (Hint: Don’t try to do everything at once. Take it step by step and you’ll get there!!)

More info on Delay: https://zapier.com/apps/delay/integrations

More info on Paths: https://zapier.com/apps/paths/integrations

Hopefully some of our other community managers and Zapier Experts can chime in with some additional ideas!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Also coming in @Stevejallen and would love to hear more about what you’re looking to accomplish! 

Depending on our Community platform, you may see some neat onboarding options. it looks like that flowchart is one I saw on Feverbee. 

Generally, when working in Communities of Practice (not bound to a product, necessarily) I really like to start small and make sure that members get a feel for who the Community is- what do we want them to get out of the space and how can we make that as frictionless as possible? 

Just some starting thoughts as you work through, but also echo Jillian that I love talking Community shop and would be happy to continue the conversation to see where you go.