Question

Looking for a HIPAA compliant email application that connects with Zapier

• 16 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I am looking for a HIPAA compliant email application that connects with Zapier or I want to send secure emails with attachments via Zapier

Does such a service exist?

thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @blueguy! 👋

We don’t have a list of all the currently supported email apps on Zapier that are HIPAA compliant but I did some digging online for a couple and it looks like Gmail and Microsoft Office 365 can be HIPAA compliant:

That said, Zapier itself is not HIPAA compliant.

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions, or if there’s anything else I can help with do let me know. 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

SamB:

Thank you for the list and it will be worthy to investigate.

I currently use a Google Workspace (Vault) and it is HIPAA compliant and secure.  This I am familiar with.  However, “Compliance Mode” can only be utilized or activated when one directly toggles and sends the email themselves.  You open up Gmail and toggle the switch -- it is a manual operation and there is no way to automate this.

Yes, I can use Gmail in my ZAPS, but i cannot use “Compliance Mode”.

I hope that makes sense.

I will keep looking.

One option might be Share File; I will see

gml

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah I see, @blueguy!

Thanks for clarifying that, I’m sorry to hear is has to be done manually when sending emails. It may be worth reaching out to our Support team to ask that feature request is created for the ability to send secure emails in “Compliance Mode”. You can do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Please do keep us updated on how you get on here!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I will put that request in now!!

Thanks

gml

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thank you @blueguy! Once that request is submitted we can begin tracking interest in that feature which will help to increase it’s chances of being implemented.

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡