Best answer

Look up political districts per person

• 4 September 2022
  • 1 reply

When a person submits their address (for me via Givebutter, but really using any integration), I’d like to automatically look up their political districts.  Are there any integrations that work with Zapier that could do this for me?

Outside of Zapier, I can use something like the Google Maps Platform to go from postal address to geocode (lat/long) and then a service like Open States to go from geocode to U.S. state and federal political districts; however, neither seem to work with Zapier.

I’m brand new to Zapier, so please forgive my ignorance about all of this stuff.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 5 September 2022, 16:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there!

I don’t know of an app that integrates with Zapier that will tell you political districts, but a Google search tells me that Open States has an API so you may be able to use Webhooks to make a call to the service using Zapier. 

I’m not sure what experience you have with that kind of thing so just in case, here’s an introduction to APIs. Using webhooks is considered advanced so you’ll need a good understanding of how they work if you want to give this a go. 

I hope that helps!