Best answer

Look for certain text strings in addresses of new Shopify orders to send email alerts

• 23 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I want to look for certain text in addresses when I receive new orders in Shopify. I have a list of strings to look out for in google sheets, such as "SHS" or "Uni" in it. Then I could get the zap to email me. I know I could use many many filters but it would be a huge amount, because not only would I need a filter for every string, but a filter for every string for multiple address fields, such as company name, street address 1, street address 2. Then it would be useful to search within billing address also. I'm only thinking about maintenance of such a filter because more words would be added later on. If I could just look for these strings in each part of the address it would be easier to maintain. Hope that makes sense.

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 23 April 2021, 14:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@zaperian While it’s not something I have expertise in - your answer is going to be adding a code step: https://zapier.com/help/create/code-webhooks/use-javascript-code-in-zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@zaperian 

I would agree with @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu . A code step would be the way to go! 
Send us a direct message if you need help with it! We have experience writing similar functions and can even use the Google Sheet to keep up with the list of key words 

Thanks!

Tim @ GetUWired