So I’ve just discovered Storage (thanks Troy) and I’m wondering if it is a good fit for another project that I’m working on.
After reading the docs, I wasn’t clear on a couple of things but first I’ll present my use case.
- I’m trying to manage a list of ID numbers (10 digits each)
- At any given point there can be about 2,000 different IDs
- My zap is just going to check if an ID exists before moving on
- Key limit is 500 keys. I’ll only have key (ID), though, right?
- Inactive keys deleted after 3 months. Does this mean if a key is not acted upon (value added, deleted, searched, etc.) that they entire list goes away or just specific values in the list? I assume the first but I read something somewhere that suggested the later.
- Storage values up to 25kb. Does this mean each value can be up to 25kb or the key has a 25kb limit across all values? Want to make sure I don’t run into any limits.
I was also thinking that, instead of an action to add/remove IDs one at a time, that I would instead replace all values in one go. Like a sync. Is that possible?
Best answer by Troy TessaloneView original