Question

Log WhatsApp on HubSpot

• 5 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Good afternoon fellas, did anyone try to register a whatsapp activity/message into hubspot via Zapier?

Edited with more info as requested:

I have a google spreadsheet with Whatsapp messages (with its corresponding info: message text, from, to, timestamp, …) and I want to log them on Hubspot whenever there is a new message (row is added). In the picture you can see the options to log different engagement activities (including whatsapp on Hubspot).

Again there is no problem with Whatsapp or Google Spreadsheet, I want to know if there is an implemented action to log those engagements on Hubspot. Thank you a lot!!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @joseperti! Welcome to community! 🤗

It sounds like you may be trying to integrate with WhatsApp for which we don’t currently offer an app for. If you are, just let us know and I’m happy to add your vote to our internal app wishlist.

I also wanted to share this incredible article my teammate Danvers wrote on working through if and how Zapier can help:

If I’m super off base though, we still would love to help. If you wouldn’t mind expanding a bit more on your desired workflow for us? Sometimes it helps to phrase things like "When this happens in [blank] app, do that in HubSpot."

I hope some of this helps and happy zapping! ⚡️

Hello! Thanks for the reply. I am not trying to integrate Whatsapp. The case is the following one (exemplified with a different app to trigger):

I have a google spreadsheet with Whatsapp messages (with its corresponding info: message text, from, to, timestamp, …) and I want to log them on Hubspot whenever there is a new message (row is added). In the picture you can see the options to log different engagement activities (including whatsapp on Hubspot).

Again there is no problem with Whatsapp or Google Spreadsheet, I want to know if there is an implemented action to log those engagements on Hubspot. Thank you a lot!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @joseperti -

Would a Zap set up like this work for the use case you have in mind? It’s a multi-step Zap with two separate actions. 

Hi Chanelle! Thanks for your answer! You’re right that is the structure, but in the engagement types provided Communications (Whatsapp, Linkedin, ...) engagements are not included yet:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @joseperti,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

have you considered using the "Note" option instead? By selecting the "Note" field, you can map the WhatsApp message from the Google Sheets trigger and input it there. This might be a workaround solution for you.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Yep, that is the workaround I am using now but was hoping for a better option given hubspot capabilities, probably they will implement it here soon :D Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Heya @joseperti - ah, thanks for sharing that!

As a side note - I checked HubSpot API and it looks like those are the only supported engagements at the moment. It’s possible that could change later on down the line but in the meantime it sounds like you’ve worked out a system that works for you!

Thanks for keeping the thread updated and let us know if you have any other questions. We’re always happy to help. 🧡

Thanks Christina, yes you are right, on v1 HubSpot API (Legacy?) those are the only ones, however on the new API v3 they have recently released the communications section: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/communications

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh, that’s awesome! Good to know! It might be worth reaching out to my friends in support to see if this can be logged this as a feature request then.

Sometimes with these changes it takes a bit for it to make it’s way over to Zapier. With enough interest though who knows, maybe this can be updated sooner. 🤞🏽

Thanks again for sharing that. 🙂