Best answer

How do I link the Constant Contact newsletter list with Squarespace's 'Sign Up for Newsletter' form?

I have been trying to link our constant contact newsletter list with the Sign up for newsletter form on our squarespace website. I am confused with the constant contact part of the form - it makes me put in an email address but I want people to be able to add their email to our squarespace and for it to go to constant contact through there. Help I am stuck!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 3 May 2023, 21:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @greeneye123 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with creating your Zap.

I suggest using the email address from Squarespace for the email address field in Constant Contact.

305529cc5fb645a5bad8248fee0b6925.png

Please give this a try and keep us posted!

It’s still not working - it works when I run a Zap test but then it won’t work when I go an try to add an email address in the newsletter sign up form from our website. 

I’m having the exact same problem! What did you put in the * Email (required) box?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @greeneye123 

Upon checking, it looks like a “Paid Website Business plan or higher” is required to use the Squarespace integration. Do you have a paid plan with them?

The form trigger sample data will not update after new submissions on the newsletter sign up form. As a result, the test fails because it’s using the sample email address provided by Zapier, which is invalid. I need to have a successful test connection in order to use Constant Contact data in a later step. How can I get my submission data from Squarespace to pull in to Zapier for the test?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Jeremy S.,

I did some digging into this, and it seems that the email address provided in the Squarespace sample data is invalid, which is causing the action step test to fail. To resolve this, I recommend skipping the testing section of the action step by clicking on “Skip test.” This will allow you to successfully publish the Zap.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Thanks Ken, I’m trying to use data from the Find or Create Contact in Constant Contact action to be used in a later step for Update Contact in Constant Contact. The reason is that if a contact already exists on one of my mailing lists, the Find or Create action won’t add the contact to a new list. I’m working around this by doing a filter that will pull the existing contact’s email to be used in the Update Contact action. It looks like I can’t do this until the previous Find/Create step is completed. I’m assuming this means it needs a successful test, which I haven’t been able to do with the invalid email from the trigger sample data. I hope this makes sense!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Jeremy S.,

Thanks for clarifying! You can type a valid static email value on the “Email” field on your “Find or Create Contact” step to complete the step for the time being. Then after that you can revert it back to the mapped value.

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction. 😊

@ken.a, this worked and my Zap is working perfectly now. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Jeremy S.,

You are most welcome! I’m glad I could help. 😊

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help!