Best answer

LinkedIn Lead Generation to Analytics

• 30 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I’ve set up a connection to create an event in GA that I can add to goals/track all leads in GA.

The initial test Zaps:

1. Didn’t align with the date submitted in LinkedIn
  2. I’m only able to see one goal populate in GA when I try to populate the platform with the 5 leads submitted prior to setting this Zap up - despite seeing the events fire when I send the test data through (unable to get more than one goal per day reported in GA)

Are these issues related to the fact that they are test Zaps? in other words, will these issues resolve themselves once the Zap is set live and real time LinkedIn data is passed through?

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 30 June 2020, 21:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@W Digital The way Google Analytics works it’s “real time” so when you are creating an event in GA there’s no way to “post-date” it or “pre-date” it. In fact the event is dated for the moment the GA servers are “hit”

As for the number of goals triggered in a day, GA has some logic to determine if a goal should be considered a duplicate or not, which makes me wonder if you are setting the Custom Client ID  unique each time?

If not this is why it’s being considered a duplicate by Google Analytics. If you ware setting it to unique each time then there is something else going on.