Question

Link to original Email in Google Tasks

• 22 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I am using a “new GmailAction” to Trigger a simple Google Task to follow up  - On a desktop, I can create a simple link in the Task description to link back to the originating email.

This does not work from Ipad or Phone (presumably because Google has a separate app for Tasks on these platforms)

However if I create a task from Gmail but utilizing the “checkbox icon” it creates a working link back to the original email shown with the “envelope icon” in Tasks.

Any thoughts on how I can get that specific link so the original email can be reference for field staff working on phones or Ipads??

Screenshot: Upper task created using “checkmark icon” in Gmail to “create task”- works on mobile devices   Lower task: Url created using the message ID, only works on desktop

Is there a way to request “additional actions” from Gmail or better incorporate the Create Task in Tasks?

Thanks ~Kristina

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DES_NC 

Can you please clarify how your question has to do with creating a Zap?

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted via a ticket to Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

This is a zap to trigger on receiving an email (Gmail) and action to set a Task in (Google Tasks)… should I escalate to Support instead of community forum?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DES_NC 

Can you please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are currently configured?