Question

Link / Integrate responses from Ninja Form to already uploaded Excel Spreedsheet

• 28 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Does Zapier allow for results from the completion of a Ninja Form to auto populate into a specific Excel Spreadsheet, previously uploaded on the website? 

To break it down further. If I have uploaded a spreadsheet with certain columns, is one able to populate the results from the Ninja Forms into other columns within the same spreadsheet?

Look forward to hearing from you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ClaimForm,

I wouldn’t anticipate that being a problem!

You can set up a Zapier automation that triggers whenever a new form is submitted on Ninja Forms, then automatically adds the form data into your Excel spreadsheet. You can choose which data from the form goes into which columns of your spreadsheet.

Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Ninja Forms - New Form Submission
  2. Action: Microsoft Excel - Add Row

Just a heads-up, to make sure everything runs smoothly when using Microsoft Excel with Zapier, there's a specific way you need to set up your spreadsheet. Here's how to do it to avoid any potential hiccups:

• Make sure the first row of your spreadsheet has titles for all the column headers you want to use in your Zap.
  • It's also important that the second row contains some content for all the columns you want to use in your Zap.

By following these steps, you'll ensure that Zapier can see and use all the necessary information from your spreadsheet. More about setting up your Microsoft Excel spreadsheet here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496044256909-How-to-Setup-Your-Microsoft-Excel-sheet-to-Work-With-Zapier

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊