Question

Line Item Support for creating QuickBooks Online Credit Memos?

• 10 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I found this closed thread from 3 + years ago: 

on this topic. Are there any updates on line item support for credit memos?

It seems like it should be a pretty straightforward/quick update as it’s pretty much exactly the same as the invoice w/ line item support. I am able to create a credit memo with line items almost perfectly like I can an invoice, but it can’t get the line item quantities right. (if it should be 1,2 it updates the quantity as 12).

Zapier can’t handle when I send raw JSON from a webhook to then make an API call to QBO (it parses the JSON into individual items and there’s no way to point to the raw/full incoming JSON - VERY frustrating), so I can’t even create a credit memo with line item support via the QBO API.

Any updates or help would be appreciated - Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey @cptech I totally feel your pain as I am helping a client with something similar. May I know from which tool/service are you sending data to QBO?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks! 👋

@cptech! - I just came across your post here and wanted to check how things are going. Were you since able to fix the issues you were having with the quantities?

​​​​​​​I’ve just checked on the feature request and it’s still open but the Create Credit Memo action appears to support line items:
411319180863cd3b69b4e0f8a882bc68.png

So if you’re still running into some trouble can you please share a screenshot showing the setup of the Create Credit Memo action in your Zap?

I’d like to take a closer look to see if there’s anything on the set up there that might be preventing the quantities from being added into QuickBooks as expected. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply! 🙂