Best answer

Limit access to Google Drive PDF to specific emails addresses from PayPal

Userlevel 1

At the moment when I sell my PDF, there is nothing stopping the person copying the link and sharing it.

The way to get around that is to set the document so that only those with approved email addresses can access that document.

So I need Zap to take the email used to pay in PayPal (already part of the Zap) and add give that email address access rights to that specific document.

Access to that document is provided to them via a link set by Active Campaign (already part of the Zap).

So just the middle bit to sort.

icon

Best answer by SamB 4 October 2021, 11:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Amanda ThriveOBM.com 

Unfortunately the GDrive Zap app integration doesn’t support this action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Amanda ThriveOBM.com,

Welcome to the Community! As Troy mentioned, the Google Drive integration doesn’t currently allow access to be granted to certain email addresses. There’s a feature request open for this though so I’ve added your vote for that.

I don’t know when/if that may be added to the Google Drive integration but we’ll be sure to notify you by email as soon as it has been! :)

Hey @Amanda ThriveOBM.com,

Welcome to the Community! As Troy mentioned, the Google Drive integration doesn’t currently allow access to be granted to certain email addresses. There’s a feature request open for this though so I’ve added your vote for that.

I don’t know when/if that may be added to the Google Drive integration but we’ll be sure to notify you by email as soon as it has been! :)

Please Add our Vote for this enhancement(s) to the Google Drive integration, and Please Notify us when this this enhancement(s) to the Google Drive integration, particularly with respect to add/removing permission to Google Drive Folders/Files for specific email address(es), are available, ok?

Thank you.

Userlevel 1

Hi,
I would also like to add my vote for this feature.
When someone buys a produce in my woocommerce store I would like to give permission to a folder in my Google drive for that email.

I would also like to have access expire after 30 days, but one thing at a time...(;

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @BeachBum Trading, @Shellyk 

I’ve added both your votes for the feature request. We’ll keep this thread on the loop and email you guys once an update is available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Please add me to this feature request.

I want to add an email to a google drive folder permissions 😀

Thanks in advance

D

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Dr Doodle 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll email you once available. Thanks!

This would definitely be beneficial!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Chris_Equip 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!

Is there a formal place to vote? Right now when we create a client portal on a Google Workspace shared drive, my staff has to manually share the portal with the client - Zapier lacking the ability to do this automatically is a surprising omission.

Thanks, Carl.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Carl G,

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll keep you update via email once available. Thanks!

I’m really missing this feature, please.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @shahar.lbscience 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!