Best answer

Life-cycle of a Zap

• 19 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I am writing this out of curiosity. So let’s take a scenario:

1. A trigger that creates a contact in app A.
  2. Action in app B where we sends out a message on the contact details received from app A
  3. Search contact in app A
  4. if (no contact made before) Sends another message on the contact details received from app A

Question: Trigger sample data received from app A and the result of search action of app A in step 3 will contain the same information? or would it contain some new information from the action in step 2?  Can someone please explain the life-cycle to me?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 19 December 2020, 17:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I am writing this out of curiosity. So let’s take a scenario:

1. A trigger that creates a contact in app A.
  2. Action in app B where we sends out a message on the contact details received from app A
  3. Search contact in app A
  4. if (no contact made before) Sends another message on the contact details received from app A

Question: Trigger sample data received from app A and the result of search action of app A in step 3 will contain the same information? or would it contain some new information from the action in step 2?  Can someone please explain the life-cycle to me?

Depends.

If there is no delay between steps 2 and 3, then it’s likely the data from step 1 and step 3 will be the same in the use case you’ve described.

If there is some other integration between App B in step 2 and App A, then there’s a chance data in App A could be updated by data in App B, meaning step 3 could return different data.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for your reply. What do you mean by “delay” here? Are you referring to the Delay by Zapier action?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes, Delay: https://zapier.com/apps/delay/help