Question

LearnWorlds Form Submissions to GSheet from Multiple Forms

• 9 December 2022
  • 2 replies

We are using LearnWorlds for our LMS and after each course, students submit feedback. We usually export the data into GSheet to share with stakeholders/leaders so they can retrieve insight into their learners progress, topics, and learning.

Right now, I am automating this process by creating a single zap for each course, by customer. This can range from 6 to 13 courses in our customized programs, which would mean 6-13 individual zaps just to collect course feedback automatically.

I’d like to know if we can create 1 zap to pull from a list of course feedback submission forms into a single GSheet, rather than 6 to 13 individual zaps, per customer. If we have 3 customers that is almost 40 zaps just for automating feedback.

Is there a way to select multiple submission forms into 1 zap? A better way to do it than manually exporting data from LW reporting suite?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AnnieStefano 

Good question.

Perhaps to help us have more context, you can provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured, so we know what Zap triggers/actions you are using.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AnnieStefano!

There are definitely ways that you can do this, both using a Zap for each course and using some other features to combine them into fewer Zaps. If you want to try and combine things into fewer Zaps, it will make the process of setting it up more complicated. 

Off the top of my head, the way that I would do this would be to make use of Google Slides’ Refresh Chart action. With that, you can set up a presentation (eg one presentation per tutor, with multiple pages for each course) that charts that show the feedback. 

You could then set up a Google Sheet so that it generates each chart based on the feedback from courses, there you would need 1 sheet per course - is that how the data is exported or is it mixed? If it’s mixed, you might be able to use a VLOOKUP formula to pull the relevant information into another column/sheet. You can then create charts from that information that link to the Google Slides presentations that you created. 

Each time you get a new export from the LMS, update the Google Sheet and trigger a Zap from that. That will then update all the charts in the presentations and you can also save the file of each of the sheets as a pdf and email them straight to the relevant people. 

As I said, that wouldn’t be a simple one, but it sounds like it could save you a lot of time!

Let us know if you have any questions or would like to look for another way!