Best answer

Keap/Infusionsoft - removing ta

• 19 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello. I’m fairly new to Zapier, but catching on quickly i believe. I am using Infusionsoft, and am easily able to create records and add tag(s) via the zap.

What I can’t figure out is how to to remove/replace an existing tag.

For example I have someone tagged a “Paid Customer”.

When the cancel, i want Zap to go into Infusionsoft and delete the “Paid Customer” tag and add a “Cancelled Customer” tagl

I can’t find that functionality in the Zap settings.

Any help or workarounds would be appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Robert_Segelquist 18 August 2020, 23:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Are you using Keap or Infusionsoft?

Are you referring to one-off orders or subscriptions?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I came looking for the same answer.

There is an endpoint for the API to do it, so it may have to be a webhook.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

If they are cancelling a subscription in Infusionsoft you would use Billing Automation to remove and apply the tags.  You don’t actually need Zapier to do this.

Userlevel 2
Badge

My zap is being triggered by a cancellation in Mindbody, so I have to trigger the tag removal externally.

Somebody on the Keap forum said to add “tag X” that triggers an automation to remove the desired tag as well as “tag X”

It’s kind of a long way around, but beats having to set up a dev account with Keap for one little thing.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

That would work @Robert_Segelquist 

Userlevel 2

My zap is being triggered by a cancellation in Mindbody, so I have to trigger the tag removal externally.

Somebody on the Keap forum said to add “tag X” that triggers an automation to remove the desired tag as well as “tag X”

It’s kind of a long way around, but beats having to set up a dev account with Keap for one little thing.

This is the current reality. Although, you could apply the tag via zapier to trigger a campaign and just remove the tag immediately via the follow up sequence it is connected with. If you are attempting to use a tag for segmentation purposes, then the 2 tag situation is required. One tag is a trigger, the other tag is the segmentation.

My personal preference is to have as few tags as possible. They can get carried away really quickly if you aren’t careful. So instead of a tag, you can use custom fields like dropdowns to do your high level segmentation.

One helpful thing I usually do is apply a note to a record, providing a log of sorts regarding things I’m automating in Zapier.