Best answer

Journal entry updates from QuickBooks to Podio

• 3 September 2021
  • 1 reply

We have an integration set up with QB Online that has been working well for bills, invoices, and payments. The only issue is that we cannot have updates from journal entries as a trigger to pull data for further updates. I’m curious to see if there is a work around by using a different trigger (i.e. expense or payment) or if we will need to create a GET webhook to pull the data from QBO. I see that QBO has API documentation that I may be able to work with to pull this data but it may be time consuming to create and test before a full launch. Any ideas or tips on how it would be pulled using the current triggers from Zapier?

icon

Best answer by SamB 6 September 2021, 10:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @GIT_Lrey,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and welcome to the Community! :)

I did some checking and we have an existing feature request for the ability to trigger on Journal entries in QuickBooks Online I’ve added your vote for that. We don’t have an ETA on when that would be added but we will email you as soon as it is.

In the meantime, it looks like QuickBooks Online allows subscriptions to receive notifications for Journal Entries by webhook: https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/develop/webhooks#sample-implementations

So you could potentially set up a webhook notification for Journal Entry updates and send it to a Zap that uses Webhooks by Zapier "Catch Hook" Trigger. That should allow you to trigger a Zap when a new journal entry is updated.

You can find out more about working with catch hooks here: Trigger Zaps from webhooks

Hope that helps!