Question

JotForm to Trello - How can I move a card that already exists and have an email address as the card title?

• 17 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

I’m currently assessing the feasibility of connecting JotForm and Trello. I need JotForm to update a card in Trello with the form fields, attachment and also move the card to a specific list in Trello. It’s the former, moving a card to a specific list, that I’m seeking help with today.

Moves a specific card to a list on a specific board

I need the zap to move a card that already exists and will have an email address as the card title. What I can’t seem to work out is telling the Zap to look for that card by using the email address submitted when completing the JotForm form. For example:

Card in Trello - joebloggs@test.com

Form submitted in JotForm where the email field data is joebloggs@test.com

Move the card where the name is joebloggs@test.com from List A to List B

Are you able to advise where I’m possibly going wrong?

Thank You

Tony

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @thetonyshort

Good question.

Try this Zap action step: Trello - Find Card

Then use the Zap action: Trello - Move Card to List

Make sure to map the Trello Card ID from the previous step using the ‘custom’ option.

Userlevel 1

Yes! That works a treat. Thanks for the prompt response. That step “Find Card” is clearly where I was going wrong and you’ve also introduced me to the “customer” option for the Trello Card ID.

Thanks for your help.

Tony