Best answer

Jotform to QuickBooks | Grouping line items from Jotform Form Submission submitted on the same day

• 10 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi community,

My current zap flow is this:

1. New Submission in Jotform

2. Find or Create Customer (Find Customer in QuickBooks Online, if customer doesn’t exist, create new one is checked)

3. Create Invoice in Quickbooks Online

Which works as intended. 

Challenge

Jotform: What we have:

An order form that lets us submit one clothing item per form (we sell custom clothing so there are a lot of options on one form, hence just one page of fields and a submit button).

When meeting with a client we would fill out the form and submit it so it creates a line item for that client in QB (or if the client doesn’t exist, creates the client + invoice/line item).

Goal:  Ideally we would like to be able to have submissions by the same client that take place on the same day added to the invoice created with the first order submission, so that only that line item is added (not a new invoice created).

How would I set up the action so that the following occurs:
1_ New submission

2_ Find or Create Customer (Find Customer in QuickBooks Online, if customer doesn’t exist, create new one is checked)

3. Create Invoice in Quickbooks Online

Add a conditional or something?

4. If clientName already submitted on dateX and invoice was created, add line item?

Please advise! Thanks so much!

​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 10 November 2022, 20:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi again @BionicGirl , 

The best way in my opinion (which I just did a few weeks back for exactly that) is to have some kind of database where you enter all the line items and link them to one invoice (I was using Airtable) then click a checkbox to Send Data to QBO which would then trigger the zap. 

Thanks again @MohSwellam,

I am not understanding how this would work with the Jotform submissions exactly.

Could you be more specific in outlining it in steps?

Do you mean upon Jotform form submission, have pertinent fields like 'Garment Type', 'Fabric Description' and 'Price' sent to a database (maybe Google sheets), then send this data to QBO via a zap action to create an invoice? 

It would be helpful if you could tell me how the zaps would need to be set up step by step.

Thanks!