Question

Jotform to Outlook Zap isn't triggering and sends the incorrect timezone when testing.

Hello,

I am curretly working on an onboardig process for my clients and am trying to utilize the jotform scheduler to integrate onto my outlook calendar.

However, this seems to cause multiple issues. First off the timezone only displays as UTC even after I’ve set my timezone on my account to Denver, the schedule timezone to Denver, and even used the iso code for MST in the Zapier actions but it still populates as UTC.

Secondly, the Zap soes not work when published, only in testing. I have a free account so I am aware it may take 15 minutes to upadtes but it still doesn’t update to my outlook calendar after 15+ mins.

Is there a reason this isn’t working like it should?

Thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Cbush529 

Good question.

You can use a Formatter > Date / Time > Format step to change the time zone.

Check your Zap Runs to see if the Zaps triggered but had errors: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi Troy,

Thaks for the advice, however the zap still does not populate to my outlook calendar….

Why might this be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Cbush529 

Is the Zap ON?

Are there Zap Runs w/ errors?

If there are 0 Zap Runs, then there is either an issue with the Zap trigger app or how the Zap trigger is configured.

Can you post screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context?

Hi Troy,

Yes the Zap was on and had no errors.

Attached are the screenshots of how it is configured/how the date/time populate onto outlook after clicking “test”.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Cbush529

Issue is likely with these field values, make sure to check the help doc.

Also your Start/End Date/Time would be the same which is not right either.

You need to select from the list of options or manually input the desired format, instead of mapping a variable.

Hi Troy,

I’ve tried {{zap_meta_mst_iso}} and that schedules for the current time but the start time/date still show up as UTC timzones when I click test. Is there another code I should be using instead?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Cbush529 

Looks like this mapped data point for the formatter is a date range

It needs to be a single timestamp.

Got it,

Now however my zap won’t stay on.

Every time I publish and exit out the Zap turns itself off?

Is there any way I can get on the phone with one of you?

This really isn’t working out for me, is there another program you may consider instead?

I really need to get this done ASAP and speak to someone in person.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Cbush529 

Consider hiring a Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts