Question

JotForm to Capsule CRM -- multiple choice selection resulted in 422 error

• 15 July 2021
  • 7 replies

I an connecting JotForm to Capsule CRM. One of the questions in JotForm can have more than one answer (multiple choice selection) and when I include this in my Zap, it created a 422 error.

Is there any way of handling this using Zapier?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @ProSec 

A 422 error indicates there is a field validation issue from Capsule. What is the field you are trying to pass the multi select option to in Capsule? is it also a multi select field or is it just a text field? 

Can you include a screenshot of your Capsule step? If the field is displayed as a dropdown, can you include the values in the dropdown? 

Hi @GetUWired Thanks so much for getting back to me. I have attached a screenshot of the options on Jotform. The user can select as many as they want.

In Capsule the custom field for this to populate is set as a list with each of the options listed separated by a semi colon.

Zapier passed the set up as ok when I ran the test before turning it on but then hit an error when running against a submission - see the error report attached.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you share a screenshot of the Zap configuration for the Capsule step? That way we can see how Capsule is rendering the field input. 

Does that field render as a dropdown in Zapier? If so, the dropdown should show the allowed values in grey. Does the field support multiple values (Zapier may show a new input field each time you select a value) 

You may need a formatter step to split up the text value into line items before inputting. 

Hi Here you go….

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

From your screenshot, it does not look like that field type will accept multiple values. But you can try using a formatter to split up the text field into line items. if the input accepts multiple values you’ll want to pass the values as line items. 

What we are really looking for is a screenshot of the native values from your app and not the input from the custom tab. The values in grey that are loaded from the dropdown (without switching to custom) are the acceptable input values. 

If those values are different than what you are tying to input the field won’t accept it. 

Sorry - here you go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Looks like most of the values do match. I would try the text to line item formatter to make sure you are passing a line items and not a string. 

Generally, if field accepts multiple values, you should be able to pick one from the list and a new input would show up. 

It might not support mapping multiple values though.