Question

JOTFORM + Google Sheet Lookup = Pipedrive Lead

Userlevel 1

HI,

I have a JOTFORM with lots of leads coming in. In the form, the customer enters their address incl ZIP code.

I have a Google Sheet File with Sales Persons per ZIP Code.

I want the JOTFORM to look-up the Sales Person in the Google Sheet file.

Does someone have a solution to this topic?

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This definitely sounds like something Zapier would be perfect for!

Is the zip code in its own field coming out of Jotform? if not, you will need to use some type of Formatter action to retrieve the zip code. Sharing a screenshot of how the data comes from Jotform would help me assist a little further in regards to this. 

Once you have the zip code isolated in its own field, you can use it in a google sheets action “Lookup Spreadsheet Row” searching the column that contains the zip code. 

From there, you can output to Pipedrive and assign the sales person. *it may be helpful to include the sales persons Pipedrive ID as opposed to just a name. 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

the developer has made some adjustments now, so that we are no longer looking for the Sales Person.

What happened now, is that we have used a click-through with lots of pictures that have certain names in the funnel. When now receiving the finalized JOTFORM, I receive URLS  (.jpg) which contain certain info (cupboard, sideboard, etc) I want to enter into Pipedrive as an info field.
As the click-throughs have a certain logic, different fields usually contain the relevant data.

Questions now:

1. Some fields contain multiple URLs, how do I isolate the field out of JOTFORM within ZAPIER, without using a Google Sheet?
  2. Can I look for a value within an incoming URL (in Google Sheets, I can do that with FIND, SUBSTITUTE, MID, CONCATENATE etc). Currently I am expecting the form to be moved into Google Sheets, where I would do certain operations, and then retrieve the formatted data to Pipedrive (Sounds very 80s to me, there must be a more elegant way).

Thank you for your support!

Robert

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @RobertNagel!

It would be helpful to see an example of the type of URL that’s coming through Jotform, and then which part of that URL you’re trying to isolate. 

Also, what does it look like when multiple URLs come through? You can use Formatter by Zapier to split text and also to convert line items to text (and vice versa). But without having a solid idea of how your data is coming through, it’s difficult for anyone to guide you.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

the URLs are the following and they come in as one single field with a dash in between:

https://www.jotform.com/uploads/robertnagel/form_files/buche-rustikal.5ff9f1953851d5.83206323.jpg 
https://www.jotform.com/uploads/robertnagel/form_files/kiefer.5ff9f1f3505813.88775185.jpg

From these fields, I would only require the part between the last dash “/” and the long number with the dot as an information. Ideally the outcome of receiving this information would be:

“buche rustikal, kiefer”

As a possible solution, as I have multiple fields with either multiple URLs or just one URL - I would like to loop through a formatter that isolates the text field or get help on how to find someone that could write the right code to work with in Zapier (Javascript / Python).

Let me know and thank you for your help!

Robert

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @RobertNagel 

A code block would be a good solution for this. Try using a code block and javascript but insert your links using input from a previous step as opposed to pasting them in like you see below. 

let regex = /(?<=form_files\/)(.*)(?=\.[0-9])/g;
const matches = inputData.links.match(regex)

var output = [];

matches.forEach(match => {
output.push(match.substring(0,match.indexOf(".")));
})

return {
output: output
}

Userlevel 1

Hi,

thank you. So with a code block I can run through the different fields, that is good.

What kind of coding capabilities do I need, so that I can look for a freelancer? Any add. help from you on this project? 

Thanks

Robert

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Robert! 

I am not quite sure what you are asking but would always be happy to support you in any of your Zapier needs

The above code provided should split your links into a list with these values “buche rustikal, kiefer”. Feel free to use it and let me know your results!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

which programming language is the code you sent so that I can hire a programmer to do the work for me?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @RobertNagel!

What @GetUWired showed above would be done using a Code step like this:

You wouldn’t necessarily need a developer, since he’s been kind enough to offer the code as well. Instead of the static text he showed, you’d map it from your trigger step by clicking into this field (my trigger is a test app, but you would see JotForm instead):

He also provided a link to his Zapier Experts directory listing, since you mentioned hiring someone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RobertNagel 

Were you able to get this squared away based on the previous suggestions?

Please let us know, thanks.