Best answer

Jira Updates based on a list of jira ids on a daily schedule

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, 

I don’t know if this is possible but I would like to send a list of jira IDs to jira via zapier to get the latest status of those tickets from jira and update clickup.  I can do it on a one on one basis but I would like to get a list of jira ids from clickup (which i have).  Then prob jira for the latest status of each one and update clickup.  I’m happy for this to be on a schedule and not instant 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 March 2024, 17:40

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ChrisB123 

The Looping app can be used to iterate line items: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, thanks the bit I missed out and probably important! is that I have all the jira ids in a zapier table.  It is these that I want to pull out and get the latest status in jira for each one that is only in the table.  Sorry for missing that bit of information out!

Thanks

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChrisB123 

Try these zap steps…

1. Trigger: Schedule
  2. Action: Zapier Tables - Find Record(s)
    1. You will need a field with a common value to use to lookup the desired records
      1. e.g. USE = TRUE/FALSE
  3. Action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Items
  4. Action: Jira - Find Issue
  5. Action: Zapier Tables - Update Record
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, thank you very much for this great start.

i have a question on the Lookup Value part, what needs to go in there as I want it to get each jira id from the table, I can put one jira id in directly and that returns but i want it to go through all of them in the table.  I only seem to get the schedule options in the lookup value field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChrisB123 

See the previous feedback for Step 2.

Try these zap steps…

1. Trigger: Schedule
  2. Action: Zapier Tables - Find Record(s)
    1. You will need a field with a common value to use to lookup the desired records
      1. e.g. MATCH = TRUE/FALSE
  3. Action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Items
  4. Action: Jira - Find Issue
  5. Action: Zapier Tables - Update Record
Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you again, sorry I misunderstood how the MATCH column would work, that is added now and working. I’m so close now!.  The last issue i’m facing is an error when trying to write back to the table.

Ive set up the action as follows, using the Jira ID as the record Id but i get an error (see below) 

Error:

If I just select the Record ID from the list directly it works, all the way through and updates the table.

Really appreciate your help on this.  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChrisB123 

Check the field description for guidance.

It needs to be the Zapier Tables Record ID.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have used this record ID as it’s the only one I can find, but I get the below error

Error:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChrisB123 

It needs to be the Record ID variable that was processed via the Loop step.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I appreciate you are probably pulling your hair out at me, but I’ve still no cracked it.  This is what I see,, I don’t see a record ID and the Loop Id doesn’t work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChrisB123 

You would need to include the Record ID variable from Step 2 as a parameter to put thru the Looping step.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, IT WORKED however it only updated the last record in the table:

If i switch the event to 

I get both records, but then in the lookup step in jira I don’t get a single id to search against, so it errors

feels like i’m one step away from success!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChrisB123 

Data from Step 2 needs to be mapped to Step 3.

Data from Step 3 then needs to be mapped to the Zap action steps after the Looping step.

You can only test 1 Loop iteration in EDIT mode, so you would need to turn the Zap ON and test live for all Loop iterations.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you I have published the zap and will wait on tender hooks to see if it runs successfully from the schedule. Thank you so so so much for your help and patience 

Userlevel 1
Badge

its run automatically and only updated the last record again: 

This is my whole process:

What am I missing? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChrisB123 

In Step 5, you need to map the Record ID from the Looping Step 3.

Data from Step 3 then needs to be mapped to the Zap action steps after the Looping step.

It needs to be the Record ID variable that was processed via the Loop step.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Troy 

I have done that , however it still only updated the last row after running on the schedule

Should the find or create records (step 2) find all of results that match?  deduplication isn’t at play or anything like that is it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChrisB123 

You need to use this as Zap step 2: Zapier Tables - Find Records

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for replying.  I have been trying with that earlier.

The Find Records will return them all correctly

The Loop Stage then returns this:

But then in the JIRA look up stage the only thing I can work with is the JIRA ID which is a string of all resulst so therefor doesn’t match on the lookup

Any you get an error

I”ve tried splitting on the , but i can’t get that to work either.  Thanks for any more help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ChrisB123 

Also map the Jira ID thru the Looping step to then map to the Jira step within the Loop.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Oh yes yes yes, it’s working perfectly.  I can’t thank you enough for you guidance.  I have learnt alot on this.

Thank you very much Troy

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This thread is awesome @ChrisB123! I also learned a lot from this post! I just wanted to take a moment to give a huge shoutout to Troy for being an absolute legend and providing such invaluable help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗