Best answer

Jira Service Desk connection expires too often

• 21 February 2022
  • 19 replies

Hello,

Starting from the week before, Jira Service Desk authorization expires too often, approx. in 1 day. I’m reconnecting it everyday which is a pain, I tried followings;

• reconnecting with a private window
  • removing all access both from the atlassian, google and zapier then redo all conections
  • remove the app connection and re-create

None of them worked unfortunately, it is worth to mention that I also have a Jira Cloud app which works flawlessly with the same email and the same way of authentication.

I appreciate any help, thanks.

icon

Best answer by Nakul Mohan 11 March 2022, 11:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mow 

Might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for further assistance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the response, I already raised a request but it has been 3+ days without response, so I decided to write here also, if anyone has any idea I appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Troy Tessalone 

Make sure to check your junk/spam folder and search your inbox for “@zapier.com” to see if Zapier Support replied.

nothing unfortunately :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @mow:slight_smile:

I’m so sorry to hear about the delay in getting a response from our Support team. I’ve done some digging and it looks like there’s a bug that’s been reported recently where Jira Service Management account connections are expiring too frequently. Which does appear to be the same issue that you’re running into here so I’ve added you to the list of affected users.

I can’t make any promises as to when the app’s developers will be able to resolve this issue by but we’ll be sure to email you (and post an update here) as soon as it’s fixed. 

Thanks @SamB anywhere that I can follow this issue?

Userlevel 1

Had the same issue. No good news unfortunately..

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @mow and @Squalo-H

Unfortunately the bug reports aren’t public-facing so there isn’t a link that I can send you to view progress. We will definitely send you both an email notification once it’s fixed though. And we’ll post an update here to confirm. :slight_smile:

Hi there, I’ve got the same issue. Hope it will be fixed soon. We designed a very good integration but this bug prevent us to use into production. At least have you got a high level due date? Is it expected to be closed at least in this quarter? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Enerbrain IT man. I’ve got you added to the list of impacted users! This particular app is managed by their developers so while we don’t have an ETA we’ll definitely keep you in the loop as soon as there’s a solution. 

I have the same problem. Found a new solution to the the same thing with Pubbly software.
Can you push Jira to fix this task asap please, because we are considering to change the software.
How long is the list of impacted users?
Can we do something to push Jira to fix this task?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @petarcvetanovic12. I’ve got you added to that report and we’ll send an email once a fix is in place. Our team will also post here once there’s a solution.

If you’d like to reach out to Jira’s support, it certainly couldn’t hurt! Give them a run down of the account connection issue you're having as well. It may strengthen our case and bring more attention to it. 

Hello @christina.d@SamB can you please advice a workaround? Can be a custom request template which can raise a ticket. Otherwise I’ll move from zapier since my project mostly depends on JIRA & JIRA Service Desk a modification will be the exact same effort with moving to a custom solution for me. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @mow! Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to say there isn’t a workaround available at this time. If and when one becomes available, we’ll certainly let you and this thread know though.

Hello Team,

Our use-case uses this integration to send to JSM tickets and responses between our Support Team and customers to our instance of Salesforce.

Due to the connection expiring and the Zap being automatically turned off, our data is out of sync and our Salesforce users on the Business team are not having up to date information.

Is this an issue with Zapier  or with Jira? Who should we direct our questions to? 

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone

I am the developer from the JSM team working on a fix for this. First of all, apologies for the issues caused by this problem.

The problem lies at JSM’s end and is being tracked here in a public bug → https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-11008
Since a lot of customers are commenting here and following this page, I thought I can post an update here too.

We have published a new version of the integration today that should fix this issue. I have already migrated all the customers to the new version, but for the fix to work it will require a reauthorisation to JSM one more time, after which it should not ask for reconnections. I will close the bug ticket at JSM’s end once we can confirm that it fixed the problem.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s so great to hear, @Nakul Mohan! I’m really glad you’ve been able to implement a fix for this issue.  

And thank you so much for sharing an update here. It’s much appreciated! :relaxed:

Hi Everyone

I am the developer from the JSM team working on a fix for this. First of all, apologies for the issues caused by this problem.

The problem lies at JSM’s end and is being tracked here in a public bug → https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-11008
Since a lot of customers are commenting here and following this page, I thought I can post an update here too.

We have published a new version of the integration today that should fix this issue. I have already migrated all the customers to the new version, but for the fix to work it will require a reauthorisation to JSM one more time, after which it should not ask for reconnections. I will close the bug ticket at JSM’s end once we can confirm that it fixed the problem.

Thanks

Hey @Nakul Mohan I’m trying to re-authorize the JSM app in Zapier. However, I’ve been getting errors all day. The  https://api.atlassian.com/oauth2/authorize/consent URL returns HTTP ERROR 504 constantly. i tried incognito window, etc. but I just cannot re-authorize the app. Adding a new connection to the JSM app results in the same behavior. The Atlassian status page shows everything is working correctly, so I wanted to check with you or anyone else here whether this behavior is specific to me or not?

Thanks, Boyan

Userlevel 1

Hi @boyanbarnev 

I don’t think it’s related to this particular issue. I don’t have access to the logs of individual sites, and the logs that I can see I don’t really show any 504 errors.
Also 504 means a gateway timeout so it could also be a network issue, can’t really say for sure unless we know more details.

I would recommend that you raise a request with Zapier first and confirm what the issue is, and then you can raise a support ticket at Atlassian if needed, wherein we would have more details and tools to help you out.