Question

Jira field description

• 13 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi guys!

I configured a Zap to get data from Jira and push it to another Jira, now the issue:

When I configure description field I dont see any possibility to add all description that comes from source:

Does Zapier  have some magic to do it?, also can Zapier get the issue URL from the source?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dive 

Can you please clarify how you Zap steps are currently configured?

Perhaps provide some more screenshots.

FYI:Each data point you want to map between Zap steps has to be done individually.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @dive, hope you’re well, I just wanted to check in here!

Were you able to find a solution to this issue, or can we still help out?

Is the trouble that we’re expecting a Description Content Value field that contains the value of the content?

Can you provide a few more details on what you’re seeing when you configure description field?

You mentioned you don’t see any possibility to add all descriptions that come from the source. The zap will only have data available that was available in the sample from Jira. If we’re missing some data, it is possible that the sample we’ve pulled from Jira doesn’t have any data for that field or is being shown as null.