Question

It is possible to join multiple calendars into one with 10 people access?

• 8 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello, i would like to know if it is possible to join multiple calendars into one, so that 10 people can have access to that AIO calendar.

Please let me know if it was clear and thanks for your help.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dcardoso 

What does AIO stand for?

Which calendar app is being used? (e.g. GCal)

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

AIO = All In One

The calendars being used are O365.

Let’s say i work in 2 different domains and i have multiple calendars, how do i join them and make them available for 10 people to consult and know where i am or what’s going next for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dcardoso 

Perhaps all you need to do is share you Calendar with the other O365 account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/share-an-outlook-calendar-with-other-people-353ed2c1-3ec5-449d-8c73-6931a0adab88

That will sync Calendars.

Then you can share the 1 Calendar that has both Calendar Accounts synced with whomever you need.

Maybe i wasn’t clear enough.

As i asked before, how can people from different domains (Organisations, if you prefer the term) have access to this 1 calendar.

For example, “ceo@domain1.com” needs to share 2 calendars with people from “example@domain1.com” and “example@domain2.com” so that both organisations know when is the ceo’s next meeting. 

Is this possible with zapier ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dcardoso 

Perhaps use a scheduling app like Calendly: https://calendly.com/

You can sync your Calendars to Calendly, then you can share a Calendly scheduling link with external parties.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Dcardoso! 👋

Going by Microsoft’s documentation here if the person you’re sharing the calendar with isn’t part of your organization then they won’t be able to access it. I don’t think Microsoft Outlook’s API has the ability to create a merged version of multiple calendars so but may be worth reaching out to Microsoft directly to submit a feature request for that sort of functionality to be added to Outlook.

If you can’t change the permission settings on the existing calendars, perhaps what you could do is create a third calendar that’s publicly accessible and use Zaps to copy the events from the two existing calendars onto the third calendar. Then you could share that third calendar with folks instead. Would that be a viable option? 

You mentioned that you wanted to join the calendars so that they “know where i am or what’s going next for me” - is this so that then can book in time with you? If so, may be it would be worth looking into a calendar scheduling/booking app like Calendy where you can set up available time slots for people can book. 

Would either of those suggestions work for your needs here?