Best answer

Issues with Reddit sample fetching.

• 12 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey,

In my latest zap I wanted to send a Discord message everytime a new post matching search is found on Reddit. My search needs to make use of Reddit’s search attributes—which are listed here—, otherwise the search is too generic and undesired data gets through.

To be more specific, the two operators author and subreddit would suffice, but the test finds no message matching my query. Does Zapier support these attributes? If not, is there any workaround that lets me do it?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 15 April 2020, 17:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @sware 

Can you show us with screenshots how you have the search setup?

Userlevel 1

This is all my search setup, I don't know if I'm forgetting something. Thanks for your answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@sware 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu !

Hi @sware ,

Thanks for reaching out- sorry you are running into this issue with your sample!

I have escalated this to Support so they can take a look at your specific Zap and troubleshoot from there. They will be in touch just as quickly as they can!

Userlevel 1

Thank you both @Liz_Roberts @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu, let’s see if we can get this solved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @sware ,

I see you have been working with Andrew in Support! Summarizing their response below in an effort to help other users in the future should they encounter a similar issue:

Happy to help here, though I'm sorry to say that help is just going to consist of me telling you that I can see we have a feature request to support multiple search terms in Reddit. Right now, you can apparently only use one word or phrase. I tried searching for authors and subreddits, but those aren't supported. When I searched for just the word "virus", the search worked. So as you can see, it's rather limited.

You might be able to get this to work if you can wrangle a webhook and use our webhooks integration, but I don't know for sure if that would be possible.

I've added you to a feature request for a better Reddit search. If that gets added we'll send you an email to let you know. We're in charge of adding feature requests to this, so feel free to write us back to check in on progress, though there's no timeline stated on when/if this will be released.

Also, you or a developer pal could think about using our development platform to write your own Reddit integration:
https://zapier.com/platform