Skip to main content

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Help! I’m having issues extracting the attendees’ email addresses from Fathom calls. The idea is to use those emails to look up for tasks in ClickUp and add the transcript to the tasks. 

What I do is extract the email address with a “formatter” and them move the addresses and transcript to a google sheet to separate the addresses, once I do that, I’ll formulate it within gsheet to separate the email addresses and put them into different cells so I can use them and look the task related to a client’s email address within the guest list. 

The issue I’m having is that the entire string of email addresses ins not being added to the sheet, although is being picked up by the formatter, making the clickup steps not going through as the client’s email is not on the gsheet. Screenshots below

Column G in the google sheet is the one meant to be updated with the emails data, the module is just picking up 1 single email “Sean’s”, instead of the 5 emails in the formatter, maybe I’m not doing it right, please advice. 

Hi @Byronsgs 

For us to have more info, post more screenshots showing how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types and field mappings.

Hi @Byronsgs 👋

How are things going on this? Did you manage to get this solved on your own?

If not, is it that you want all 5 email addresses appearing within column G for each row that’s updated?

If that’s the case, then this might not happening as the Formatter action appears to be outputting the list of emails as line items instead of text. To get around that you’ll want to add an additional Formatter (Utilities > Line-items to Text) action to convert them into text (which will output them as a comma separated list of emails instead). See: Convert line items into text strings for details.

If that’s not the case, can you share some further screenshots as Troy mentioned, so that we can take a closer look at what’s been selected in that Google Sheets action? Make sure to blur or remove all personal information (names, emails, addresses etc.) from screenshots before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this! 🙂