Best answer

Issue with Okta Account Creation Zapier - ‘alternate id’ appears instead of actual value

• 9 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi friends,

I have an Okta Zap set up to make a Trainerize account when an Okta account is created.

I can see the user email under ‘alternade.id’, but when it goes off and sends it to Trainerize, it just shows ‘alternate id’ instead of the actual value.

https://cdn.zapier.com/storage/photos/00f986ec05b113267f3099d070e141f7_3.png

Would love some support on this.

Side note, I wish there was a way to specify which group i assign a user to on the Okta assign user group event, instead of only being able to track any user being added to a group​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 October 2021, 10:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey@amlfitco developer

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community! :)

It appears you’ve also reached out to our Support Team who identified that this is related to a known bug with the Okta integration where the structure for the live data is in a different format to the structure of the sample data. This causes fields not to be found when the Zap runs live, so no data can be passed over to the next step. You’ve been added to the list of affected users so we’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s resolved.

In the meantime, manually specifying the alternade.id field using custom pill mapping, that follows the structure of the live data, should allow the Zap to send the alternate id value over to Trainerize. For example: 

{{123456789__data__events[]target[]alternateId}}

123456789 in the above example would need to be replaced by the Node ID for the Okta step in the Zap.

More details on how to get the Node ID and use a custom pill mapping can be found here: 

Hope that helps!