Best answer

Issue with Instagram Aspect Ratio

• 3 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello

I have created a Zap that take the image and message from a Facebook post and creates a tweet for twitter and is supposed to post the image and message (as caption of course) to Instagram. However, I have gotten it to post only one time without error. Now it won’t post anything.

The error message I get is: Could not upload media file: The aspect ratio is not supported.: Invalid Aspect Ratio: The submitted image with aspect ratio ('480/916',) cannot be published. Please submit an image with a valid aspect ratio.

I saw another post on here with the recommended image size of 800 x 1528 or 600 x 1146. I started researching the issue and discovered the integration with mallabe that allows images to be resized on the fly. So I added a step to pull the image from the Facebook post and send it to mallabe for resizing, then i took the step to send the image from Facebook to twitter and modified it to use the mallabe file URL, it posted fine (but so did just going straight from facebook). I then modified the step to send from Facebook to Instagram to send the photo from facebook to mallabe for resizing and then used the URL produced in the instagram post step. No dice.

This is very frustrating as the error just says “you’re wrong, use the right way” but it doesn’t really tell you how or even hint at it. Hopefully someone on here knows how to make this work...   

icon

Best answer by itguy01 3 March 2021, 18:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello

I was able to find the resolution to this myself. I used the mallabe integration to resize the image to 1080x1350 (4:5) ratio for a Instagram portrait and the post worked as it was supposed to. Here is the resource that gave me the ratio information that worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for sharing the solution with us, @itguy01!