Question

Is this possible? Trigger - Updating candidate in Recruitee - Action - Creating new column in Google Sheets

• 22 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

I succesfuly created a zap, where creating a new candidate will create a action to create new row in Google sheets with all the information divided to columns i needed. But when i want to add or update  a profile field or tag in Recruitee, how do i create a action, when a new update will overwrite existing data in google sheet or add a new column if needed?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JurajT, welcome to the community!

It sounds like you want to make changes to the Google Sheet when you make a change to actual fields available in Recruitee rather than changing information in the fields, is that right? There isn’t a trigger in Recruitee that does that, unfortunately. 

The bigger issue though, is that changing a Google Sheet while a Zap is linked to it, and is switch on, it can cause a lot of issues with the Zap. 

Making the following changes to your spreadsheet while the Zap is turned on can cause errors:

• Deleting existing rows or columns.
  • Adding rows anywhere other than to the bottom of your sheet.
  • Resorting the sheet.
  • Renaming/adding/rearranging columns.
  • Renaming the sheet.
  • Filtering the sheet.

If you need to make any of those changes to your Google Sheet, turn your Zap off while you work on the spreadsheet, and then turn it back on again.

If you do add columns to your Google Sheet, you will need to turn off the Zap, make the changes, then edit the Zap to include any new information that you’d like it to add to the sheet before you turn it back on. 

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!