Best answer

Is there any way to trigger on updated Jira issue with more than one status?

• 21 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have noticed that the Jira Software Cloud Zapier integration only supports “On Jira Issue Update” triggering when a Jira Issue has been updated to a particular status. I was hoping I could trigger off of any update, and filter to only continue my Zap if the Issue status is one of multiple statuses. Below is how the UI looks when setting up the trigger for an “On Jira Issue Update” step.

Semicolon separated status list to demonstrate what I would want at minimum. 

I can trigger on a single status, and capture when an Issue is updated to Pending for example, but if I want to do the same Zap for any other status, I need to duplicate the Zap just to accomplish this.

As an example with another integration, in the Salesforce Zapier integratio, I can trigger when any object has been updated in any way, and then use filter steps to check that the values on the object meet my defined criteria for continuing execution.

Is this a limitation of zapier’s Jira Software Cloud integration? Are there any plans to bring this type of functionality in?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 March 2024, 05:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ab-fl 

Perhaps try using a Sub-Zap: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496308527629-Build-reusable-Sub-Zaps

OR you can chain multiple Zaps together using Webhooks to create a MANY:1 concept.