Question

Is there any way to send RSS-Feeds to Perplexity for AI analysis?

• 15 March 2024
  • 7 replies

I can only find OpenAI and GPT4 - is there an Api for Perplexity?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Paul Tilbury 

Perplexity AI API: https://docs.perplexity.ai/reference/post_chat_completions

Thanks for you help @Troy Tessalone ! Looks complicated, I just created an account on zapier an hour ago so I don't know much. Do you know about the cost to use this API? Can I use it with my monthly perplexity pro subscription for free? Or are there volume based costs like with GPT4 or Claude opus? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Paul Tilbury 

I have not yet used the Perplexity AI API, so my feedback is limited, might be best to reach out to Perplexity AI Support for guidance.

I tried but I am afraid I am too stupid: How can I implement this shell script in zapier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Paul Tilbury 

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

As far as I understood it, I have to use Zapier code to run the script and pay for every single task, that would be far too expensive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Paul Tilbury! 👋 

There doesn’t appear to be a Perplexity app available on Zapier yet but it is on our internal wishlist of apps to get added to Zapier so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for it. While I can’t make any promises around when it might get added to Zapier we will definitely notify you if and when it is!

In the meantime, it looks like Perplexity’s API supports basic authentication so you could likely use a Webhooks action (available for paid Zapier plans) to send a POST request to the Perplexity API. You can learn more about how to use webhook actions here: Send webhooks in Zaps

I did also want to clarify that you wouldn’t be charged for each task necessarily. Each Zapier plan has a number of tasks available, although pay-per-task billing is available to help in cases where your Zaps have exceeded your current plan’s task limits. You can learn more about task usage and pay-per-task billing here:

Hope that helps. If you do give Webhooks a try and run into any issues just let us know - happy to help further!