Best answer

Is There an Easier Way to Add Data to Lookup Table?

• 6 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I am using a lookup table to translate data between two different apps.  The issue is that there are 118 of them and adding them one by one is tedious at best.  Is there a better way to add this information to the lookup table?  I want to keep this all self contained, so I don’t want to use external sources for the translation.  Thanks.

Wade

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 6 April 2022, 16:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Wade 

Good question.

There is no bulk add option, but you can submit features and feedback requests via a ticket to Zapier Support to be logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

For larger lookup tables, try using a GSheet or Airtable Base.

If you know how to write javascript or python, then a Code step can be used to create a lookup table.

@Troy Tessalone 

I was hoping that was not going to be the answer, oh well.  I wanted to avoid external items as I am passing this off to a client and in my experience the more moving parts involved the more issues that come up.  I will just keep to the Lookup table and spend the time to get the entries added.  Thanks.

Wade