Is there an "Abandoned Cart" trigger for Magento?

• 13 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, we’ve just built our new website on Magento open platform, and integrated “Moosend” as email marketing tool. Afterwards we realised that we need “Zapier” in between Moosend and Magento for the triggers and dataflow. 

One trigger we couldn’t find is “abandon cart automation” and triggers. Can anyone help on how to build abandon basket automation on Moosend for Magento website? We use Zapier in-between, but we couldn’t find the right trigger/action on Zapier’s readily available triggers. Does it require to create a new trigger from scratch or isn’t it possible at all?

Many thanks in advance,

Zeynep from TESUP

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Tesup,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please tell me the version of Magento you’re using? We have 2 different Magento integration with Zapier:

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Hello, see there has been no response by the original author, and I have teh exact same question (for different integration)

As it stands neither of the magento versions that zapier supports has abandoned cart triggers

IMO, magento 1 is EOL, so it is very likely the question is about magento 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @proxiblue,

Thank you for providing more information here.

It looks like Magento 2.X doesn’t support the “Abandoned Cart” trigger at the moment. However, we do have an existing feature request for this exact functionality.

I have added you and @Tesup to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!