Question

Is there a workaround for getting social media content instead of URLs that link to that content?

• 9 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I would love to know if anyone has found a work around for posting media to social platforms without links. 

My social media company currently posts on instagram which then automatically posts on fb. I host my content on a process management system. I would love for the captions and media to go from either the Management system or from insta/fb automatically to Youtube, Linkedin, Google my business, but when configuring the triggers and actions. It appears to only want to map a media link field and not the actual content itself. 

When speaking with Zapier they mentioned some of the members might have found some solutions. 

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, thanks for reaching out! That’s a great question.

I wonder if this similar topic may help?

It looks like there may be a few different ways to approach this.

Keep us posted on your success! 🤗

This process has to be seamless with videos and photos in a variety of file sizes. 

I can’t have links directing to a CDN. The actual file has to be sent. Maybe I can use Zapier for most of my integration, but use another platform for just the media side of things if there isn’t a well known solution for this. 

Was wondering if maybe instead of from my process management system, I could instead do this from the instagram platform, but I am not sure if that is possible either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just popping in as it looks like you’re chatting with my teammates in Support about this - which is perfect!

I hope ya’ll are able to arrive at a solution. If you’re comfortable sharing any recommendations if you arrive at them, we’d love to know! 😊