Best answer

Is there a way to upload files from Salesforce related object to Asana using Zapier ?

Hi,

I am trying to create a zap that can run when a record in Salesforce created and on the creation of that record I want to create a project in Asana, a task in Asana and then I want to attach the file from Salesforce ‘Notes and Attachment’ to Asana under the task I created but I am not able to do so.

Here is the link for the Zap I created:

https://zapier.com/shared/d6de660f748994b13b53416ed2ecd9eb42706064

It is a time sensitive matter and I do have to finish this zap as soon as I can.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 January 2023, 19:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rishabh Verma 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Help article about using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Rishabh Verma unfortunately through the link we can’t see much of the details, I’d really like to help you with this ASAP. Can you please add your screenshots so we can get this squared away for you? 

Hi @Troy Tessalone  and @chanelle ,

Here is what I am trying

1. Trigger: Which fires whenever a custom object Project’s record created in Salesforce.
  2. Then in the second step I am trying to create a project in Asana using the Project Name that got created in Salesforce.
  3. In the third step I am trying to create a task with the under same Project that I create above in the second step, to keep it consistent I am using the same Salesforce’s Project Name in the Project Name section. This step is actually failing, giving errors like 

1. Status 400: {\"errors\":[{\"message\":\"project: Not a Long: ProjName\",\"help\":\

2.  Status 400: {\"errors\":[{\"message\":\"project: Not a Long: Testing Asana Salesforce\",\"help\":\

3. Status 400: {\"errors\":[{\"message\":\"project: Not a Long: {{177791336__name}}\",\"help\":

4. In the last step I am trying to attach a file within the Project and Task I created in Asana using the “Attach File in Asana” action. which actually I am not sure will work or not as the zap is failing on the 3 step itself.

So, this is all I am doing at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rishabh Verma 

This field expects the internal Asana ID, rather than the name.

You can see the expected values by looking at the dropdown list of options.

Take note of the smaller gray font value underneath each friendly value.

How to use files in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

The file field expects a file URL or a file object, rather than a File ID.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for your help. I tried this before but I didn’t worked before not sure why, but now when I tried it worked Project got created, task got created and the file was also attached.

But now there is a new issue that I am facing right now.

I am using the File and Attachment link from Salesforce the public link in the ‘Attach a File’ action and when It is uploading in Asana it is showing as a different link instead of the file link or the file itself. It is giving me some asana specific link which is not opening in any format.

Is there any way we can sort this as well?

and again Thank you for your time and help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rishabh Verma 

We’d need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order to have proper context, thanks.

@Rishabh Verma

We’d need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order to have proper context, thanks.

Everything remains the same just in the last step I am putting a public URL of the file

Create a Task action
Attach a file action

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rishabh Verma

The file url needs to be a public direct download link to the file.

You can check this by pasting the file url link into a browser to see if it automatically initiates a file download via the browser.

If it does not, then that is not the correct direct download file url link.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for this update, I tried this and it worked for google drive direct download file url link.

But I am not sure If we can create a direct download link for files stored in Salesforce under any related record, do you know anything that can help me create a direct download link for files/Attachments stored in Salesforce?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Rishabh Verma! Apologies for the late reply here - were you able to get this sorted?

I did also want to share this Salesforce help doc I found about how to create shareable links.

Enable Link Sharing

Administrators can enable sharing via link by enabling these permissions:

1. From Setup, enter Content Deliveries and Public Links in the Quick Find box, and select Content Deliveries and Public Links. Select Content Deliveries feature can be enabled for users and Public Links can be enabled for users (Requires Content Deliveries).
  2. From Setup, enter Permission Sets in the Quick Find box, and select Permission Sets. Select a permission set, click System Permissions, and select Create Public Links.
  3. From Setup, enter Profiles in the Quick Find box, and select Profiles. Select a profile, and click Edit. In General User Permissions, select Create Public Links. You don't need this permission for files in a shared Salesforce CRM Content library. Instead, complete steps 1 and 2 and then ensure that the user is a library member and that Deliver Content is checked in the library permission definition.
  4. From Setup, enter Content Permissions in the Quick Find box, and select Content Permissions. Next to Library Administrator in the list of library permissions, click Edit, enable Deliver Content, and save your changes.

So it sounds like we can definitely create a public download link in Salesforce.

I wonder if changing this setting and retesting the trigger would show it in the test data? If that doesn’t work, could you create a custom field for it?

Keep us posted!