Question

Is there a way to parse text without using email parsing?

• 22 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I need to parse authentication codes and their original recipient addresses from the gmail inbox they are forwarded to. I tried using the email parser, however this can only extract the text body and not the recipient information. I also cannot forward the inbox to a parsing inbox, since auto-forwarding is already being used on it for another purpose. I used the “New Email Matching Search in Gmail” which already extracts the “To:” address, but cannot parse the email body. Is there a Zapier extension that I can send the text body to and have it extract the code? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @gnarlyjeff 

Good question.

Yes, this can be done in a Code step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @gnarlyjeff!

Were you able to extract the text that you needed with Troy’s suggestion? If not, let us know and we can keep brainstorming with you :) 

For example, Formatter by Zapier has a function that will extract email addresses from text, but that might not work for you because it will only pull the first one (not multiple). Could you share an example of the text that you need to work with? Don’t forget to obscure the email addresses or any other private/personal email. Thanks!