Best answer

Is there a way to make a Zap from Shopify Draft orders?

• 18 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would like to create a zap when a Shopify Draft order (not a paid order) is created. Any idea if this is possible?

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 19 February 2020, 02:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Or perhaps, there is a work around you can suggest? ie When a draft order is created Shopify does X and you can make a zap from X event.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Shawn_L you'll have to forgive me as I'm not familiar with a "Draft" order... do you mean an abandoned cart? The following image shows the fully integrated triggers you can use from Shopify within Zapier. There might be others via an API but that's significantly more complicated, so if we can find a trigger that works for you from this list it will be easier.

Screenshot 2020-02-18 15.04.29.pngI'm thinking that "New Abandoned Cart" might be the trigger you are looking for, however "New Order (Any Status)" might be what you want. You can then always put a filter on the zap to exclude paid orders.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Paul, Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, I don't think any of those triggers you sent are the right thing.

In Shopify, you can make a Draft Order for a customer. Only when that order is paid does it convert from a draft order to a real 'order'. I suppose this is an edge case for most Shopify stores but we rely on draft orders quite a bit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Shawn_L the alternative is to run a zap on a schedule (hourly?) then do a webhook call to the Shopify API endpoint for Draft Orders

DraftOrder That would give you the list of all draft orders, and from there you could process them or trigger other zaps or put them into a spreadsheet or airtable or other database.

I've had to do this type of workaround for other apps that don't have triggers or searches in their Zapier integration but they exist in their API functionality.

The negatives of this method are: 1. It won't be instant (there are some alternative ways to trigger a zap to run every minute) and 2. you'll have to have some way to determine if the draft order is new, or if your zap already took action on a specific draft order... but it is possible.