Best answer

Is there a way to find multiple emails in Gmail?

• 1 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Find email action will only return 1 by search

Basically, what I want is to get all the emails returned by that search and add all of them to google sheets rows.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 1 April 2023, 03:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,  @Chappy! Thanks for reaching out in community! 🤗

Totally valid question however returning multiple emails in a search isn’t supported at the moment. While I don’t have an ETA on when or if this will be implemented I did add your vote to an existing feature request. This is the best way to stay informed if anything changes as we'll email you if this does go live. We’ll also be sure to update the thread if there are any changes!

Sorry to not have better news here but definitely appreciate you flagging this in community! 🧡

Userlevel 1

Thanks @christina.d, really odd not to have that functionality though, given that it says “This works the same as the search bar you see in Gmail.” I hope this feature request gets granted soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I believe that may be in reference to how to structure the search query but yeah, totally valid feedback and I appreciate you sharing.

Full transparency, it’s been open for 4 years so I don’t anticipate this will be implemented anytime soon. 😔

While we don’t have an official workaround to share, it’s possible someone in community may have found a solution. We really do have some brilliant minds here! 🧠

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

HI @Chappy 

Perhaps consider a different approach.

Use Gmail to add a Label.

Configure a Zap with these steps.

1. Trigger: Gmail - New Labeled Email
  2. Action: GSheet - Add Row

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone, yes I already have a few zaps with email parser setup to gather specific types of emails. My problem basically is that I need to extract a bunch of existing emails that will be added to google sheet rows; triggered by a scheduler to run once a week. If I do new labeled email, it’ll only collect new emails coming in under that label, with all the old existing emails left out. Also it consumes more tasks, than have a bunch of emails extracted through find email with filter.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Chappy 

Thanks for explaining the situation further. As Christina mentioned, the feature isn’t available at the moment and you may check other posts within the Community to see if other members may have found a solution.

Otherwise, let me know if you have other questions! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Chappy 

My suggestion was to manually Label existing Gmails to then trigger the Zap, then you can have all new emails run in real time.

No need for a Filter.

No need for a Schedule trigger.

Userlevel 1

Oof, that’s unfortunate -- it makes integration for e.g., a personal assistant type setup with OpenAI integration basically impossible, since the very first email that a search results in often won’t be the one that’s needed. Is there anywhere to follow this feature request, or to further support it?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @sm000 

As Christina mentioned, it has been open for 4 years, so there’s a possibility that this won’t be available soon. I can add your vote to the feature request to add more weight to this request.