Best answer

Is there a way to create a Zap to do something when I save a page as a bookmark in my browser?

• 23 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m new to Zapier, and wanted to know if there’s any way to trigger a Zap when I add a webpage to a specific favorites folder on my browser (I mainly use Chrome).

I have different URLs that I am organizing in a database. Currently, I save the webpages as bookmarks, and every so often I download my favorites as a JSON file using the Export History/Bookmarks to JSON/CSV*/XLS* chrome extension, which I open as an Excel file, and then copy the URLs that I want into my database.

I wanted to know if, using Zapier, I can automate some of this process, particularly to automatically add the pages I save as bookmarks to an Excel or Google Sheets file, or some other way. 

Any ideas or solutions are appreciated. There is very possibly another solution to this that I am not thinking in terms of.

icon

Best answer by Satya09 24 January 2022, 17:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Archie1 

Check out using the Zapier Chrome Extension: https://zapier.com/apps/zapier-chrome-extension/integrations

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Archie1  as @Troy Tessalone shared you can do this with the Zapier Chrome Extension.

Select the  Zapier Chrome Extension App and New Push as the trigger.

Add Action step selecting Google Sheet or Excel or Airtable and map the fields with the Test Data from the push.

Once tested without errors you can send this data into sheets with just a few clicks while you browse the web.

Pro tip: Add another column as Notes and create an Input field at the Trigger Step to add some notes or description about that website in your sheet automatically along with the Site URL.