Skip to main content

I wanted to know if there was a way to combine formatter steps into one action. I have several zaps where I have a formatter Utilities action that is “Text to line-item”, where it is separating words separated by commas into individual lines. Then right after it I have a formatter text, “Replace” action listening for a word, replacing it with another word so it is formatted correctly. Is there a way to combine these 2 actions since they are both formatting the same input, putting words in separate lines and replacing one word with another? 

Great question, @Mcadwell! 😁 

It would be really great to be able to combine multiple Formatter actions together, but currently that’s not possible. So I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to submit a new feature request for that functionality to be added. You can do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

In the meantime it may help to know that having multiple Formatter functions doesn’t impact your task usage, as Formatter is one of the many apps that don’t count towards your task usage. You can learn more about that here: Use even more Zapier apps without using your plan's tasks!

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues or questions do let us know! 

Hi @Mcadwell 

An advanced approach is to use 1 Code step instead of multiple Formatter step.