Best answer

Is there a way to automatically upload zoom meeting recordings to Google Drive

Userlevel 1

I created a zap that is triggered whenever a zoom recording is completed.  The zap should upload the recording to a drive folder but when I create the zap, the file field doesn’t show up in the list.  I see several urls, but not the actual mp4 file.  Am I missing a step?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 11 August 2020, 18:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @dmhirschfeld

It’s not currently possible to get a file or download link for Zoom triggers/actions, Im sorry about that!

​We do have an open feature request to add this and I've added you as another vote for this addition. That lets the Zoom team know how many users are interested in the update and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers ,

Kindly add me to the ‘open feature request’ or share the link here.

Userlevel 1

Hi @dmhirschfeld and @Vani. my team and I are working on a bot that automatically uploads recorded meetings to Google drive. It can also publish to Vimeo. Right now this app is working on Slack and is in beta-testing stage. We would love to get it to more people though. Would you want to connect to discuss your usecase? 

Regards,
Hera Castillo

Userlevel 1

@Hera  Yes, please. 

Userlevel 1

@Hera   Yes Please!!!   I would like this feature as well!!!!    splain.io can do this but they want $4.99/user       We have 200+ users so that is too expensive…   more than some of our other cloud services.

Userlevel 1

+1

Kindly update me about this topic as well

+1

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Nathaniel @Oxana @Sirscruggsalot @Jay @Vani you’ve all been added to the feature request. 

Zoom owns and updates that integration so it may be worth it to reach out to them and let them know you'd like to have that feature added :)

They do have access to the feature requests in our system but it always helps if they hear directly from their users as well.

Hi @Danvers, is there any update about this feature? If not please add me to the ‘open feature request’

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @helena, we don’t have an update on this yet but I’ve added you to the list of interested users. Thanks!

@nicksimard Can you please add me to your list to notify when this feature is released?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Action - I’ve added you to the list of interested users on this one, thanks!

Can you take my vote for this? I want my cloud recordings to be automatically uploaded to my Google Drive.

Also, the same is possible for Slack?

Hi @dmhirschfeld and @Vani. my team and I are working on a bot that automatically uploads recorded meetings to Google drive. It can also publish to Vimeo. Right now this app is working on Slack and is in beta-testing stage. We would love to get it to more people though. Would you want to connect to discuss your usecase? 

Regards,
Hera Castillo

Can I get more detail about this Zoom to Slack upload integration? Thanks.

Please add my vote for this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @BudaiMedia and @yitzyf. I have added you both to that feature request!

And to answer your question, @BudaiMedia: in this case it’s not the Google Drive end of things (nor would it be Slack). It’s that Zoom doesn’t provide the download URL. So until that gets added, it won’t be possible to upload/send the recording to any apps.

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard I don’t understand this.  I’m looking at the Zoom Developer API right now and see that both GET requests for a meeting recording and Recording Completed webhook provide a “download_url” in the payload.  I’m assuming this is how Splain.io does it...so why can’t Zapier?

I would also love to know if there are any updates on this feature. I surely don’t understand why this hasn’t been implemented yet. Both apps are premium and popular apps. This is almost utterly ridiculous to me that I can’t automate Zoom recordings to Google Drive without using this splain.io marketplace app via Zoom. I tried it and it’s not working.

I have a paid plan with Zapier and this is one of the biggest features within the integration that I need. It makes no sense to have the Trigger and the Action doesn’t contain the data the Trigger says it’s delivering. Please add me to this feature request ASAP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@kaavlakav I should have been more clear in my response. It’s the Zoom integration on Zapier that doesn’t provide that download URL. It’s possible via the Zoom API, but has not been added to the integration yet. I’ve added your vote for that.

@MaestroStevens I’ve added your vote to that request as well. At this point, Zoom owns and maintains the integration. They’re aware of the feature requests on our end, but if you wanted to contact them directly they may be receptive to your input as a Zoom user.

As a possible workaround you could change the default folder where recordings are saved, to use something like Google Drive or Dropbox:

Or, to get a bit more control, you could choose a location every time, after the meeting ends. And again, that could be the folder for your cloud storage service of choice. 

Not perfect solutions, by any means, but I thought I’d offer them as workarounds in the event that they’re suitable for anyone.

Hi. I have a same issue. This is the most important feature I want to achieve now.

When I see my task log, I notice that Zoom Data Out has the correct “video_dl_urls” , and similarly Google Drive Data Input has “file”.  They are the samle URL: https://zoom.us/rec/webhook_download/*****. But uploaded files is not movie file but HTML. 

I’m stuck..

+1

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hey @pjtgrizzly, thanks for letting us know that you’d likely to be added to this feature request - I’ve done that now 🙂

Please add me to the FR as well.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks, @Saar,  I’ve added you as an interested user 🙂