Best answer

Is there a 'New Task' Asana trigger, not specific to project?

• 21 June 2022
  • 3 replies

I use ClickUp but I have a client who is working in Asana. I’d like to setup a Zap to create a task in ClickUp anytime a task is assigned to me in Asana. 

I’m only seeing a way to do this by Asana project, not by assignment. Am I missing something? How would I do this without using 10+ zaps for every project. 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 22 June 2022, 22:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ErinL 

Good question.

Try adding a Filter as Step 2 in your Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

The Asana integration event (step 1) is the problem. The Asana event options in step 1 doesn’t allow me to select ‘New Task’. It’s only ‘New Task in Project’ which then forces me to select a specific project where I’d like to look at all of them. I need an event like ‘Completed Task’ where it looks at all projects within a workspace but for a new or updated task. This seems like a major fail on the integration so I’ve been assuming I’m missing something. 

The filter option you’re talking about isn’t going to fix the problem I’m having. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @ErinL - thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback! Sorry to hear about the issue you’re running into. I did some digging and it looks like the Asana integration doesn’t support this at the moment.

That said there is an open feature request for a “New Task in any Project” trigger. While we’re not able to offer timelines or estimates on when or if this will get implemented, I did get your vote added. I definitely appreciate this isn’t the ideal scenario, however this will at least ensure you’re kept in the loop via email. We’ll also be sure to post any updates here in the thread if this does go live. 

Thanks again for taking the time and welcome to the Community!