Best answer

Is the Hubspot "Triggers when new contact is added to specific list" really for Marketing Hub Starter members?

• 17 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to decide wether or not to start automating Hubspot with Zapier. On the trigger “New contact on list” (or when I need to trigger the action of adding a contact to an specific list) the message “Marketing Hub Starter plans and above” is included. Is this true? Does Zapier of Hubspot really validate if the user has a Marketing Hub Starter account?

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 17 July 2020, 23:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@FranGalan this is a limit on Hubspot’s side. Zapier doesn’t check your plan details, but the Hubspot service (API) will verify that you have current/correct login credentials and that you have access to the functionality and data you are asking for. If your account at Hubspot doesn’t have access or isn't allowed to have access then Hubspot will return an error to Zapier and your zap will not run sucessfully. 

Userlevel 1

Paul, thank you for your response. I’ve been performing Hubspot automations with Zapier without a Marketing Hub account, and so far it seems to be working fine. My only concern is if there’s a limit for the amount of calls a free account can make through the API. I’m settling all of my processes through Hubspot-->Zapier and if the API suddenly stops all automations, I’m screwed :no_mouth: .

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@FranGalan so where are you seeing this message? 

“Marketing Hub Starter plans and above” is included

Are you currently running automations through a free HubSpot and free zapier account?  Your first message starts off saying that you are considering this, but your second message says you have been doing it. Are you still seeing that message? 

As for any limitations, Zapier does have limitations on accounts based on your plan, but they email you to notify you when you approach or go over the limit, and then they hold tasks until you upgrade. I cannot say the same if you hit plan limits on Hubspot’s side. So it would be beneficial to connect with Hubspot on that.