Question

Is searching, matching, and grabbing all data in a Google Sheet row based on a phone number possible?

• 10 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have an integration i’m planning to build later today. Just wanted to see if the following was possible. 

I have a lot of property owner data within a google sheets.

I’m planning to have a (changing) phone number. That needs to be searched and matched to the existing one within a google sheet. 

Next I need all the data within that specific row with the matching number. To be grabbed and sent to the next step. 

Is this possible? Thanks in advance 😁

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ali3332 

Good question.

Try this Zap action: GSheets - Lookup Row

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone Now i’m creating the integration however. I’m runnning into an obstacle…

I need to search multiple columns, not just a single one. For example. I have multiple columns

I phone Phone number 1 , Phone number 2, Phone number 3, Phone number 4, & 5 searched to find the right match.

However I see it only shows two for the lookup columns.

Should I create a second search step including the next columns?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ali3332

You can create multiple lookup steps.

Alternatively, if you use Airtable instead of GSheets, you can use a Search Formula in the Find Record action.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Okay ill try that thanks for the quick reply. Congrats on almost 15,000 replies 😁

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone If I add another two lookup steps.. And for example, the number is found within the first lookup step. Will that mess up the zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ali3332 

One option would be to create Paths.

One Path per column to search.

Paths require a Zapier Pro+ plan.