Question

Is it possible to update documents on Google Drive?

• 23 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’d like to create a backup files on Drive. The workflow is that every time, when a file in Folder A is created, than it’s copy appears in Folder B. Also when a file in Folder A is updated, than the copy of this file in Folder B is updated as well. I tried creating a Zap for Drive (when new file in folder in Google Drive, than copy file in Google Drive), but 1st problem is that it doesn’t copy this created new file, it can copy existing one, 2nd problem is that it doesn’t cover updates. Any suggestions how to solve it? 

Thank you in advance.

Ola

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Ola - Thanks for writing to us. It looks like you’re trying to copy a file that is newly created, and the subsequent problem is that it doesn’t update the file when there’s a new update. Am I understanding this correctly? You can trigger on updated files, and you could replace files. It sounds like you’re trying to use an updated file to replace the existing one. Is that the outcome you’re trying to achieve? Let us know!