Skip to main content

This post was split from topic: 

@ken.a Hi! I need to update another deprecated trigger (Tag added to task in Asana) BUT in the new version I am required to select an applicable project in my workspace. I do NOT want my zap runs to be limited to just one project, and I have too many projects to set up a new zap for each one. I need the zap to apply across all projects. Is there a way to bypass selecting a specific project?

Hi there @Kailee,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I have moved your reply to a new topic. I hope you don’t mind!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like triggering on all project when using the “Tag Added to Task” trigger is not possible at the moment. However, we do have an existing feature request for this exact functionality to allow the “Tag Added to Task” trigger to trigger on all projects.

I have added you as to the feature request as another interested member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.

Hi @ken.a thank you for this! 

So, in the meantime, what are my potential solutions or workarounds? It is incredibly counter-productive to have to set up a zap with this trigger in every new project that is created - seems to defeat the purpose of the automation/zap right? 

Thanks!

Hi @Kailee,

Unfortunately, there are no workarounds other than creating new Zaps for each projects. I’m sorry if this is not the answer you were hoping for. 

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help!